Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas miracles

 I definitely believe in Christmas miracles.

This may hurt my pride a bit to tell this, but it needs to be shared. This year my family has been pretty tight on money. Not extremely tight, we still had more then we could ever need, but we weren't planning on haveing much of a Christmas. We were told we were getting a secret santa from someone in our ward, but we weren't expecting more then a few gifts.  When they arived Christmas eve, the first package they brought in was HUGE (it ended up being a foosball table). After that people kept walking in with more and more gifts. They kept coming, and coming, and coming, and coming until we questioned how they fit everything in their cars. They didn't only bring gifts, they brought piles of cans, toilet paper, jars of sauces, pies, frozen goods, fruit and any other kind of food you can think of. As more and more people went back to get more loads, the tears began to fall. Before they all left, one of the ladies read a letter to us that was taped to a beautiful painting of Jesus. Our eyes became redder and our tears more constant. After my sisters were able to speak to "santa" and we all hugged, we watched as everyone drove away.

Then the fun began.

Chance and  I opened our gifts first, because we had to leave soon to go to our dad's house. We had many gifts- so much more then we deserve- but there were a few in particular that brought tears to our eyes again.
My first gift: I opened up a giant boot box, to find piles of art supplies, probably $50-$100 worth. Water color paper, bruhes, scetch pads, etc..  I was stunned.
Then there were Chance's gifts. The secret santas bought Chance: a $200 gift certificate to Missionary mall, his cap, gown and yearbook for graduation, and super nice dress pants, along with his other gifts.
  Emma's gift was one of the most moving. She, being the smart girl she is, has been saving for months to buy a moter scooter for herself. When I saw the people bring in a big box with Emma's name on it, I had a feeling that she may be getting what he wanted a little sooner then planned- and I was right. When she ripped the paper off, she stepped back with her hands on her mouth, and started bauling. There was hushed silence as we all stared at the box, and tears all around.

At this point, we were all emotionally unstable and hugging eachother like the strange people we are. My dad told us that this was everything he had wanted to get us, but couldn't.  I am guessing they spent a couple thousand dollars on us, looking at everything we got. may the Lord bless them, they deserve it.

It wasn't the gifts that made this so amazing, though. It was how unexpected it was, and how happy it made my mom and dad.

BEST. CHRISTMAS. EVER.








2 comments:

  1. That is positively, wonderfully, AMAZING!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I wanna be that type of person. thanks for sharing -MM

    ReplyDelete