Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Movies part 2

I have been doing pretty well with the whole "avoiding swearing and immorality" thing, but one thing has been stunting my progress: MOVIE RATINGS. 

 

I will use these three movies as examples.

I have recently watched all these movies, and have been astonished as to what they contained. The first two had excessive bad language, and the third multiple sexually oriented jokes and some language. Ok, I get it that our society is becoming immoral, and you can put whatever you want into a movie, but that is not what bugs me.

 These are all rated PG. The same ratings as Nemo, Cinderella, and the majority of Kids movies. HOW!?!?! There were more swear words in We Bought A Zoo then in Avengers, and I walked out of Avengers! The sad part is that these are kids movies! For kids! PG rated movies advertised towards kids- but how can you trust the PG when they let this kind of content in? If you don't believe me, look up the reviews yourself. It's so sad to think that this is what the kids of this generation are being fed and convinced to justify. 

I regret not walking away instantly from all three of these movies- I didn't for fear of insulting who I was with. NEVER AGAIN. I was weak, but you will not catch me justifying my morals any longer. 

I don't care if the movie is PG, if I don't find it appropriate I WILL NOT watch it. This is living proof that the rating means absolutely nothing when it comes to what you are putting in your mind. 







3 comments:

  1. AMEN!!! SOOOO, true!!! You are so awesome Alyssa... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carli, It swore 5 times before I walked out. IDK how many times after that. So...

    ReplyDelete